Csodalámpa Wish Fulfilling Foundation
The mission of the Csodalámpa (magic lamp os wonderlamp) Wish Fulfilling Foundation is to grant a wish to any, 3-18 years old child, who suffers from a life-threatening illness and whose family normally cannot afford to fulfil this wish.
By granting the wish, the foundation would like to make the life of these children a little happier if only for a few hours or days.
We hope that with our help they will be able to forget the hospital, medicines, treatments, become - at least for a while "everyday" children and maybe we can also strengthen their, and their families', belief and hope in a recovery.
We regret to say that according to current statistics there are about 5000 children in Hungary who - based on their medical status - are eligible to wish...
Will you please assist us?
You can help us by donating the things or the funds to finance the fulfilling of the wishes or finance the running of the foundation. (By the way, all our board members and helpers do not receive a cent. They are rewarded only by the smiles of the children for their efforts)
::For a tax-preferential way of donation from EU countries please see: Transnational Giving Europe
Assisting us does not necessarily mean only funding:
You can help us by telling us about a child - who you believe may be eligible for a wish - or tell his/her parents, doctors about the Csodalámpa Foundation. Please note, that we can only accept a referral from the parents, the treating medical staff or from the child him/ herself.
You can help us to fulfill a wish by providing the "right" connections to the right people.
You can help us in person, to run the foundation or become involved in the wish-granting process. (Yes, it is a real process in many steps: talk to the "wish-owner's" doctor, family, record the "critical" moment, when the wish is no longer a wish but becomes a reality, and so on.)
You can help us many other ways that you will only be able to find out by seeing the wishes in progress on our home page.
How do we work?
The Csodalámpa Wish Fulfilling Foundation does not offer a "menu-card" of wishes to the children. Therefore we can only start to organise the granting of the wish after we have received the particular details
The majority of the wishes will fall into one of the following categories:
- To get something / e.g. bicycle, books, PC, etc./
- To go somewhere / e.g. travelling, to the Zoo, sailing, to a concert etc./
- To meet somebody / e.g. a sportsman, a clown, an actor, a musician etc./
- To do something / e.g. to drive a tractor, to be a policeman or fireman etc. /
The board has an exclusive right and 90 days to decide about granting a wish.
- First we have to check, whether the child is eligible for wishing.
- Then check our means and the time-frame, to establish whether we will be able to fulfil the wish.
- After a formal board decision, we will start the arrangements
- Document the, hopefully, positive result
- Pocket our earnings: a lot of smiles.
For more information you can contact us in English, German, French or Hungarian: email@example.com
Thank you for visiting us and we hope to meet you as a "Magic Lamp" Volunteer or on one of our events.
- Magic Lamp’s Annual report for 2013 (Auditor's report, balance sheet and P&L, Public benefit statement)
- Magic Lamp’s Annual report for 2012.
- Magic Lamp’s Public Benefit Report for 2011.
- Magic Lamp’s Public Benefit Report for 2010.
- Magic Lamp’s Public Benefit Report for 2007.